Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up 2

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend was pretty mellow.  T and I stayed in friday evening, made veggie quesadillas and sweet potato fries for dinner, and caught up on Grimm.  Saturday was a beautiful day, perfect for a long walk to catch up (sometimes the work week get crazy, and we feel like we don't have many chances to really talk without work stress or distractors) and errands.  We definitely spent some lazy time on the sunporch with the puggies, too!  Saturday night we headed to Dallas to watch the Mavs, for our very belated Valentine's Day date night.  



Sunday, we spent (and I am NOT kidding) at least 2 hours trying to figure out which picture to assign to which frame, and then, where to put it/whom to send it to.  Seriously seemed like a task that should have been completed in 30-40minutes, tops.  But, it was so fun to browse through our pictures and remember our wedding weekend.  It will be 6 months this month and it hardly seems possible!!  The rest of the day was all about Ryan Adams & weekly food prep for me, while T worked on a few manly (manly=tasks I abhor and beg my way out of) chores, like cleaning my car and working on the yard.  I think I am learning that a sunday free of obligations is the best way I ensure I am ready (readyish) for another work week.  I am such a homebody and really feel restless all week if I don't get some time to just be here without a schedule.  


The Damage

$96.15- Target (groceries and of course, pug treats)
$72- 7-11 (gas)
$84.60- Michael's (frames for wedding pictures)
$4.34- Starbucks
$15.00- parking at AAC
$27.00- food/ huge beers at the AAC
$18.32- Which Wich (lunch with T mid errands.  His treat, since he was too hungry to go on without food. wink)

$21.68- Home Goods (gift for co-worker, candle for guest bathroom)

For a grand total of : $339.09

Hmm.  More than last weekend.  I guess an unplanned $106 shopping trip will do that to the best of plans.

Breaking it down a little more and we spent:
1. $252.75 (our checking account)
2. $46.33 (A's blow money)
3. $40.00 (T's blow money)

The Good: We are on-track for our grocery budget for March.  And we spent less money on nasty, expensive, terrible for our wasitlines food than the previous weekend.  Also, my "blow" money expenditures went from $117.32 to $46.33!!!!  


The Bad: The $106.28 spent on frames for wedding photos (for our home and to give as gifts) was not really in the budget.  It was cash we had, don't get me wrong (no credit cards were swiped in the making of this weekend), but it was money we could have saved, or used as debt repayment.

The Ugly:  The AAC is a very expensive date night.  We love basketball, but it is pricey.

Monday Musings (in effort to eradicate weekend guilt):

I didn't meet all of my goals, but the week wasn't a total wash:

Move: Run three times this week with T, and work in a long walk or two on the off days.  3 walks, one run, and one kick-boxing class.  Good enough.


Eat: Eliminate daily stops at the grocery store to pick up an item or two.  We've created and shopped for a menu for the next 6 days, now I just need to muster up some willpower to stick to it!!  Woohoo!!  Not one extra trip to the grocery store for this girl!


Spend: My weekly blow money purchases shall not exceed $10.00 from now through Friday.  They just shall not.  No questions asked!  $9.47.  Whew!


Save: Add and extra $50 to our EF after friday's paycheck  Added $300!!


Acknowledge: I am thankful for a wonderful job in a tough economy.  Instead of boo-hooing about going back to work tomorrow, I am determined to be thankful for a job to go back to!  Hmmm.  I openly blogged about my miserable, long, shift AND was pretty anti-social/ipod wearing in order to ignore co-workers while frantically (and spazzily) playing catch-up wednesday.  Fail.


Anticipate: So excited for our belated Valentine's date...we have GREAT seats for the Mavs game this saturday night!!!  So much fun.  And bonus, my Mavs broke their 4 game losing streak!



Organize: My closet gives the appearance that we have recently been robbed.  It's time to straighten things up.  Didn't even pretend to attempt this.  Just opened the door and threw more crap on the floor.

Now, time to get all ambitious about this week:



Move: I'm going to be less specific and say I want to get in 4-5 work-outs.  Why make it harder than it has to be?


Eat: I need to track my calories for the week.  I have sort of fallen off of that wagon, and would like to climb back on before my favorite jeans become too snug again.  Because I WILL wear them, muffin-top or not.  And I would prefer not.  And I'm sure the rest of the world, who has to SEE me in those jeans, would prefer not as well. 


Spend: Less than $10 of blow money for the week


Anticipate:  Can't wait for bookclub with my favorite girls friday night!!  We just read Heart of the Matter, by Emily Giffin.  I was obsessed and finished it in less than 24 hours....


Acknowledge:  No matter how hard life is, there is always something to be grateful for.  This week I am grateful for my husband and a life we love.


Save:  T and I had a heart to heart last night regarding saving vs. debt repayment, and we decided to decrease our monthly savings (in our EF fund) to $100 a month so we can knock the rest of this debt out in 4-5 months.


Words: "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."  Emily Bronte 


It is a beautiful day and I am headed out for a long walk!  Happy monday!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment